Q&A with htmLj
Over the past few years I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about websites and web design. I’ve also received frequent questions about web related topics, and thought it might be helpful to share a few of the most popular questions with you:
1) Why is it important to have a quality website?
Your website is the only sales tool you have that works 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The quality of a website directly affects a consumer’s perceived quality of the company. Websites that are slow, look poor or don’t work correctly are more likely to send a prospect running rather than convince them to pick-up the phone.
2) What are the different types of website builds?
When it comes to building a website there are a wide variety of options. Three of the main choices include “Simple Template,” “Custom Template” and “Fully Customized.” Each one of these templates range in features as well as price point.
– Very affordable to build
– Uses third party platforms such as Weebly, Wix, or Snappages
– Features are limited
– Very easy to use and maintain. Many times users are able to “drag and drop” content.
– Moderately priced to build
– Typically built on WordPress
– Very customizable
– Supports a wide variety of plugins to enhance the site
– Can be managed by someone who doesn’t have coding experience
– Very pricy to build
– Must be built by an advanced web developer
– Has virtually no limits to features
– Difficult to manage without extensive coding knowledge
3) What is a responsive website?
A responsive website is a website that morphs itself to the device it is being viewed on. A site that is built with responsive design will look great on a jumbo screen, smart phone, and everything in between. In today’s world we are seeing more and more consumers using their smartphones/tablets to browse the web. If your website isn’t built with responsive design you could be missing a lot of opportunities to be in front of your consumers.
4) Should I build it myself or hire a firm to build it?
This really depends on your budget. When we talk about budget we are talking about time, talent and money. Building a website can be very complicated, and it takes a lot of time to put together. If you do not have the time and talent to put together a great site then you should hire an expert. You don’t want to sacrifice quality for cost, remember your website represents your company every minute of every day.
5) Could I see some examples of websites done by Mangold Creative?
Absolutely! Please check out a few of the sites we have done in the past.
weather-tek.com (Custom Template)
oconomowocscholarshipfund.org (Custom Template)
jkfitnessrepair.com (Simple Template)
nextstepbuilders.com (Simple Template)
Still Hungry for Knowledge?
Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you have.